Wednesday 4 August 2010

Sharpitor, Hunters and back for Raven Tor another day



Sharpitor

Hay Tor on the Horizon
Hunters Tor
In my opinion some Dartmoor Tors are worth a visit any time of the year, in any conditions, but as I found today others are at their best at certain times of the year.  Sharpitor nr Lustleigh I hope is one of the latter, as in the peak of summer there is little to see.  It reminded me of a lost Inca city, taken back from humans by nature.  So I plan to go back this winter and have a good look around, anyway I have to go back as we failed to get to Raven Tor at all.  If I been on my own I would have gone for it but with Abbie and Bramble it would have quickly turned into an epic.  We did manage to find three Geocaches so Abbie was happy.   The views of Hay Tor, Hound Tor and Bowerman's Nose were excellent. We continued on to Hunters Tor where we had lunch, a nice tor spoiled only by a farmers fence cutting through the centre of the Tor.  After lunch we doubled back on ourselves, returning to the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment