Monday 1 November 2010

50 up!! 143 to go!!

The Original Mountain Marathon has meant that many parts of Dartmoor have been off limits for a while.  So it's good to get this event out of the way, and also good to get to visit some 10 Tors whilst competing.  My full report on this event can be found at www.ineedtotrain.blogspot.com .  No photo's I am afraid but here are the tors I visited.

Saturday 30th October
Yes Tor (2)
Lints Tor (46)
Hare Tor (26)
Chat Tor (18)
Branscombe's Loaf (25)
Great Nodden (85)
Sunday 31st October
Kitty Tor (8)
Steng-a-Tor (22)
Sourton Tor (81)
East Mill Tor 'A' (53)

Really looking forward to getting back to this area again I am sure I will revisit many of these again especially the tor a long the ridge above Dinger Valley which is my favourite area on the moor.

2 comments:

  1. Just found your sites. I am going to enjoy watching you do the work...jealous really. Is it still possible to buy the book you refer to . I have had a quick look on Amazon and can find it. Thanks Ben

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ben

    Don't think you can get the book anymore, good list at http://www.btinternet.com/~markrsmith/tors.htm or in Dartmoor Tors By Janet & Ossie Palmer. Or try A-Z of Dartmoor Tors on Amazon. Thsnks for reading the blog hope to see you out there sometime.

    ReplyDelete