Thursday 21 October 2010

Western Beacon, Butterdon Hill, Hangershell Rocks and Ugborough Beacon

Sunset on Western Beacon
A beautiful Autumn evening on the very southern tip of the moor.  From the car it was a straight climb up to Western Beacon (155) and the first view of the setting sun.  Then a welcome run down to Black Pool, before the climb to Butterdon Hill (138).  As the sun continued to set, I continued to Hangershell Rock and though not on my original list it was certainly worth a visit, From there I turned east now with the last of the sun on my back I made for Ugborough Beacon (129).  I spied a group on horseback near the beacon, but when looked again they had disappeared!  I got to the beacon in time for the last of the days sun.  I ran south over Eastern Beacon, before enjoying the run across to the wall above Cuckoo Ball and then picking up the path back to the car.  A really beautiful evening for a run over some classic south moor terrain.  GPS Track
Butterdon Hill

Hangershell Rock

Ugborough Beacon

No comments:

Post a Comment